U$1,575,000 – Sold as a going concern way below valuation
- 121 Hectare situated 25 minutes’ drive from the Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world, next to the upper Zambezi River, opposite the Zambezi National Park and near the Chobe and Mozi-Oa-Tunya Game Parks.
- The Zambian government prohibits any more sales of virgin land along the Zambezi River.
- No government approval needed to sell/purchase this property.
- A company (Pty Ltd) has the title deed on this propery, shareholding in the company to be sold
- Power is supplied by Zesco from a 200 KVA, 3 phase transformer, connected to the export line, which ensures very limited power cuts.
- Unlimited water is available and retrieved directly from the Zambezi River.
- This lodge is situated high up on the riverbanks and will not flood.
- The lodge is an international favourite birders paradise and address, with plenty of game nearby.
- +- 50 Ha is fenced in with a 2,4 m high electric game fence, with a unique mopani entrance and guard rest room.
- The remaining farm is covered with exotic hardwood forests and fertile soil.
- The well-established landscaped gardens are all under sprinklers/irrigation.
- A man-made dam with a walkway, divides the accommodation area from the camp sites.
- This dam is home to most of the fish species found in the Zambezi River.
- Fly fishing may be introduced.
- 10 Luxury self-catering en-suite chalets with decks, fully fitted kitchenette and private braai/barbeques.
- 2 Chalets are also wheelchair accessible.
- 1 x privately situated, luxury furnished, modern designed, 3 bedroom “River House”, overlooking the Zambezi River and the Zambia National Park.
- Operational area
- The reception area consists of an office with a dry store and walk-in strong room.
- Separate laundry.
- Convenient store with separate storeroom.
- Reception with lounge and curio shop.
- Restaurant, bar and teak deck overlooking the Zambezi River.
- The reception ablution block is also wheelchair accessible.
- Scullery, kitchen and storeroom which houses a walk-in fridge and walk-in blast freezer.
- Glass fibre swimming pool with pump and filter and a boma seating 16 guests.
- 12-Meter-high tower with a 10,000 ltr water container.
- On the river is a float with electric pumps and a steel boat jetty, connected to the reception.
- A second tower was installed to boost cell phone, internet and wi-fi.
- 13 x individual luxury campsites.
- Each under shady trees, lawn covered with gardens and electric lights, power points and huge braai/barbeques.
- Camp sites and gardens are all under irrigation systems.
- 8 x Under roof sculleries and 8 ablution blocks with 34 toilets, 34 washbasins and 34 showers.
- The shower rooms consist of a wet and dry cubicle.
- (Many guests and especially returning guest, rate CN’s campsites as “Best in Africa “)
- A warehouse comprises of 2 x 6m steel containers and a 6 x 10m storeroom in between.
- Separate ablution and sleeping facilities for the workers.
- Gravel roads were constructed, and culverts installed to ensure accessibility – 12 months a year – with any vehicle.
Income is generated as follows:
- Accommodation: self-catering, B & B, or full board.
- Camp sites
- Restaurant & bar
- Own double deck boat for sundown/game viewing trips.
- Own transfer vehicle for guests.
- Launching of fishing boats and canoes.
- Island lunches
- Wedding venues
- Commission on activities with the likes of elephant rides, lion encounters, horse-riding, white-water rafting, bungee jump, canoes, bridge swing, helicopter & microlight flights, fishing trips, photographic trips, game viewing safaris etc. etc.
- Commission as booking agents.
Potential & future expansions:
- More accommodation and campsites.
- Conference / workshop facilities not only for Zambians, huge demand for fly-ins especially from South Africa & Namibia.
- Breeding of game and/or fish.
- Bow hunting.
- Town development (huge demand)
- Exotic timber cutting.
- Clinic or hospital.
- Up and running, turn-key lodge
- 1 x double deck aluminium boat, seating 25 pax with 2 x 50hp 4-stroke engines.
- 1 x Ford tractor with trailer.
- 1 x Toyota Hi-Ace minibus, seating 1 + 7 pax.
- All tools, spare parts etc.
- Well trained, disciplined, routine orientated staff.
- Well established landscaped gardens under irrigation.
- All licences, permits, approvals etc. in place.
- Linked to all mayor booking agents, tour operators etc.
- Up to date bookkeeping and booking programs.
- Zambia is an “Investor friendly” government
- Bordering tourist potential countries like Namibia, Botswana and South Africa.
- Very low crime rate.
- Most popular tourism destination for reasons: Victoria Falls, game, especially big 5, birding, rivers, waterfalls, fishing, trophy hunting, unspoiled nature, 4×4 haven, friendly locals etc.
- Government allows foreign currency bank account.
Lodge in Zambia
Listing ID #1422
Property Type : Farm
Listing Type : For Sale
Listing ID : 1422
Ref ID : C0336
Price : N$0
View : Open Country
House Area M² : 1,902 m²
Erf Area M² : 121 Hectare